Tuesday 22 January 2013

sara miiler tattoos

arah has been working in the Arts since 2005. During her career, she has had the pleasure of working for several local design firms on product branding and campaigns. Tattooing took over her life in 2009 and she has devoted much time and love honing her craft. She is currently employed at Wyld Chyld Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA. She has over six years of tattooing experience and she specializes in portraits and pin-ups. What she enjoys more than anything is illustrating through her tattoos, expanding the medium and pushing the boundaries of what is considered tattoo art.
Her awards include:
When it came time for the big reveal on the live finale of Spike TV's "Ink Master," it was all a blur for Pittsburgh tattoo artist Sarah Miller.

Literally.

"I actually wasn't able to see that well because I didn't have contacts in," said Ms. Miller, who reached the final two of the reality competition series Tuesday night.

"They took my glasses. They said 'No,' there was a certain image they wanted me to have all season. And I was dumb and didn't pack my contacts."

And yet her focus never wavered. Ms. Miller, who became a standout on the show, thanks to a combination of skill and her passionate responses to the judges' critiques, ultimately was runner-up to Steve Tefft of Groton, Conn.

The latter had been, week-in and week-out, one of the favorites in the competition. His macabre black-and-gray back tattoo wowed the judges. Ms. Miller said she couldn't resent second place: "I'm very happy, I'm fortunate, I'm blessed and being runner-up, I believe that's No. 1 in my eyes."
It all began with the flash challenge, which finally gave the artists in an actual tattoo flash challenge on a real canvas versus air brush, hair cutting and fake body parts. For this challenge the 12 remaining contestants would be given 90 minutes to tattoo a quick design common in any tattoo shop. Six contestants would get a lotus in water and six would tattoo a skull with top hat. While the tattoo was predesigned by the judges, the artists would really be judged on their choices of colors and shading.

“I love color tattoos,” said Miller. “I was feeling confident in the flash challenge. Color portraits are one of my favorite things to tattoo.”
“It’s hard to tattoo the inner mouth,” said Miller. “Too deep and the tattoo blows out, not deep enough and it doesn’t stay. It’s a real fine line. I didn’t think the guys that tattooed the tongue should have. You can damage the taste buds permanently and it was irresponsible.”

Miller’s final tattoo was a clean and simplistic word “Brave” with decorative text. The judges were pleased with her simple approach, though it did not land her in the top. The top artists in the flash challenge were Tatu Baby with her clean, simple wording and the clear winner, Clint Cummings with his excellently placed and executed script wording.





No comments:

Post a Comment